The Salsa Windhoek Social Club, the only full-time social salsa community in Namibia, is back in action with a calendar filled with salsa classes, parties, and the chance to meet new and exciting people—all of the cool things which make salsa what it is: the world’s most popular partner dance.
As usual, to start the new year and get Windhoek dancing there will be two beginner-level workshops hosted on the 21st and 28 January 2017. The workshops are for anyone who has never danced salsa before but more proficient salsa dancers are more than welcome to attend too. The more, the merrier.
No dancing partners or prior dancing experience is necessary to attend the workshops. Absolutely everyone is welcome. The workshops will be hosted at the Salsa Windhoek Social Club, located in the Windhoek Showgrounds.
Each workshop will be one hour long and focus on the following:
Salsa basics: these are the fundamental steps any prospective salsa dancer will learn. After attending one workshop any prospective dancer will have the confidence to attend any of our salsa parties and have fun on our dance floor.
- Saturday, 21 January 2017: 15h00 – 16h00
- Saturday, 28 January 2017: 15h00 – 16h00
- N$100 per person per workshop.
- The Salsa Windhoek Social Club (located in the Windhoek Showgrounds).
- Gentleman: try to avoid wearing very loose or very constrictive clothing; hiking boots or heavy sneakers (light trainers will do); or excessive deodorant (you do not want your partner fainting on you from inhaling too much cologne).
- Ladies: keep it comfortable and simple. If you have professional dancing shoes you can wear those. Otherwise you can dance in pumps and any other light shoes. You can wear skirts, dresses, or tights.